This project is read-only.

Does the Graph# support large data?

Dec 25, 2015 at 2:03 AM
I tried more than 500 nodes and edges,but I found that the Graph # didn't word very well.
I want to know how to sovle this problem.
Dec 25, 2015 at 8:58 AM
I think none of the WPF based and feature rich visualization engines can be performant for large amount of vertices, though you can do some tricks.

Let me advice you to try https://github.com/panthernet/GraphX . I can't say it is much performant but you can give it a try to see if it will be sufficient for your needs. Also you can try to Cache canvas into a bitmap to speed up rendering. This will make zooming and interacting with graph less efficient but you will navigate large graphs with better performance. You need the CacheMode property.
Dec 28, 2015 at 12:47 AM
Thank you for your advise,it is very useful.
Jan 6, 2016 at 9:20 AM
Edited Jan 6, 2016 at 9:23 AM
I tried the ways that you told me serveral days ago,but it still couldn't statisfy our team's need,especially GraphX.
we want to visualize a large amount of data for displaying a social network and we want to get the effect like Gephi.
Thanks for your attention.
Jan 6, 2016 at 7:19 PM
I see, Gephi looks cool :) Also the 3d acceleration is very performance efficient for large data displays and allows to implement some cool effects. I want to do smth similar using GraphX core but haven't done that yet.