This project is read-only.

Silverlight support

May 27, 2009 at 7:41 AM

Hi palesz,

As the latest information on homepage is „Silverlight support is on the way”, I would like to ask how advanced are the works and when do you plan to issue some preliminary version.

May 28, 2009 at 3:38 PM

In about 3-4 weeks.

Jun 29, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Are you still on target to support sliverlight?  Looking to use it in a sliverlight application.

Jul 20, 2009 at 12:57 PM
Edited Jul 20, 2009 at 12:57 PM

I'm very interested in silverlight support for graph#. When will it be released?

sry for bad english, its not my native

Jul 23, 2009 at 7:51 AM

Hi palesz,

You said the graph# will be support sliverlight! I Very much looking forward to see the support sliverlight Graph#!  But how long we will need to wait?

Aug 21, 2009 at 3:39 AM

Hi palesz,

The support sliverlight Graph#, When will be released? I was look forward to see it!!

Tks a lot!

Aug 24, 2009 at 9:11 PM

I'm also very interested in silverlight support for graph#.  Do you have any timeframe?

Sep 23, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Hi palesz,

I see "Silverlight support is on the way” for a long time,I would like to know if you have any timeframe and see the released version?

thanks a lot,palesz!

Oct 14, 2009 at 12:05 AM

What is required for Silverlight support. I am wondering if I may be able to help.

Thanks!

Oct 14, 2009 at 12:21 AM

When you are developing for silverlight, there are certain things you can not use.  Basically, the silverlight .net framework is a subset of full .net framework.  I haven't taken a look in a little while, but some of the Interfaces and attributes used are not available, as well as some classes such as the vector class.

Oct 14, 2009 at 12:31 AM

Something like this?
http://blogs.msdn.com/avip/archive/2008/06/23/trivial-physics-simulations-in-silverlight-part-2.aspx 

Oct 14, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Yes,  but I think the vector class conversion would be the easy part,  I'm not sure about the other interfaces and attributes

Feb 17, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Does Graph# already supports Silverlight?

If so, can anyone provide me an example?

thanks

daniela da cruz

Jun 7, 2010 at 9:42 AM

Hi,

Have you managed to progres this, I'd very much like an early version as I have an internal R&D project that needs Graphs in Silverlight.

Many Thanks, and keep up the great work, Matt

Jun 7, 2010 at 11:58 AM
Hi. Take a look at: http://dot2silverlight.codeplex.com/ If you want we can cooperate to make the project progress faster. Thanks Regards Daniela
Jul 12, 2010 at 6:12 AM

Hi,

It has been a long time for the silverlight support. Can i ask if you're still working on it ?

regards,

Jul 16, 2010 at 4:49 PM

I join my voice to eledra to ask when and if the silverlight version will be out. Thank you.

Jul 26, 2010 at 6:51 PM

+1 on Silverlight support.  When?

Sep 13, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Any news about silverlight support?

Sep 14, 2010 at 9:01 PM
Edited Sep 15, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Sorry guys but there won't be any Silverlight support for at least 2-3 months. Sorry, but in the last 8-9 months I work 12+ hours per day on my daily job (I'm pretty tired at the moment), I don't have any free time now.

Sep 21, 2010 at 3:50 AM
Edited Sep 21, 2010 at 3:59 AM

I'm trying to compile it for Silverlight (the algorithms part only), and there indeed are some issues, but it looks managable.

So far I had to implement/stub

* Vector

* Rect extensions

* Debug

* TraceSource

And I've 21 errors for Point.operator-, which will require manual attention.

However there is one thing peculiar: In the following snippet:

var spaDijkstra =
  new UndirectedDijkstraShortestPathAlgorithm<Vertex, Edge>( undirected, ( edge ) => weights[edge], ShortestDistanceRelaxer.Instance );

ShortestDistanceRelaxer does not exist. Is this part of QuickGraph? If so what's the best way around this issue?

Update: Btw, I've successfully compiled GraphSharp for Silverlight 4.0, by commenting out the ShortestDistanceRelaxer.
SL 3.0 does not work, since it does not contain some classes.

Sep 21, 2010 at 1:34 PM
@Sukru: replace ShortestDistanceRelaxer.Instance by

QuickGraph.Algorithms.DistanceRelaxers.ShortestDistance
Sep 21, 2010 at 5:07 PM
Sukru wrote:

I'm trying to compile it for Silverlight (the algorithms part only), and there indeed are some issues, but it looks managable.

So far I had to implement/stub

* Vector

* Rect extensions

* Debug

* TraceSource

And I've 21 errors for Point.operator-, which will require manual attention.

However there is one thing peculiar: In the following snippet:

var spaDijkstra =
  new UndirectedDijkstraShortestPathAlgorithm<Vertex, Edge>( undirected, ( edge ) => weights[edge], ShortestDistanceRelaxer.Instance );

ShortestDistanceRelaxer does not exist. Is this part of QuickGraph? If so what's the best way around this issue?

Update: Btw, I've successfully compiled GraphSharp for Silverlight 4.0, by commenting out the ShortestDistanceRelaxer.
SL 3.0 does not work, since it does not contain some classes.

I just didn't know what to do with alot of those attributes that are being used.

Sep 21, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Thanks, QuickGraph.Algorithms.DistanceRelaxers.ShortestDistance worked (I mean compiled).

I'll test the compiled code, and if it works, it'll make my day...

Oct 9, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Hi Sukru,

Can you share your advances ?

Oct 13, 2010 at 5:07 AM

Ok,

It worked with all the algorithms, except for the force based one. I already had my own drawing code, thus I was able to visually compare them with the WPF based original ones.

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Due to request, I've shared the modified project at:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1355498/GraphSharp/GraphSharp.Silverlight.7z

Compiled versions (debug/release) are also in the Bin/ directory.

Apr 28, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Thanks Sukru, will check your project out!!

Jun 2, 2011 at 7:30 AM
sukru wrote:

Due to request, I've shared the modified project at:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1355498/GraphSharp/GraphSharp.Silverlight.7z

Compiled versions (debug/release) are also in the Bin/ directory.

The code I am posting is a method you didn't implment in the SupportExtensions class of your Silverlight verison of Graph#. Thank you Sukru for doing the hard work.

public static bool IntersectsWith(this Rect a, Rect b)
{
    double aXmin = a.X;             //Left
    double aXmax = a.X + a.Width;   //Right
    double aYmin = a.Y;             //Top
    double aYmax = a.Y + a.Height;  //Bottom

double bXmin = b.X;             //Left
    double bXmax = b.X + b.Width;   //Right
    double bYmin = b.Y;             //Top
    double bYmax = b.Y + b.Height;  //Bottom

//Checks Rect b Top-Left
    if (((aXmin <= bXmin) && (bXmin <= aXmax)) && ((aYmin <= bYmin) && (bYmin <= aYmax)))
        return true;

//Checks Rect b Bottom-Left
    if (((aXmin <= bXmin) && (bXmin <= aXmax)) && ((aYmin <= bYmax) && (bYmax <= aYmax)))
        return true;

//Checks Rect b Top-Right
    if (((aXmin <= bXmax) && (bXmax <= aXmax)) && ((aYmin <= bYmin) && (bYmin <= aYmax)))
        return true;

//Checks Rect b Bottm-Right
    if (((aXmin <= bXmax) && (bXmax <= aXmax)) && ((aYmin <= bYmax) && (bYmax <= aYmax)))
        return true;

//No Overlap
    return false;
}