Multi-touch interaction support for Graph layout.

Jun 27, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Hi,

First,  I like to thank you for writing this excellent graph layout API.

I am willing to extend this graph sharp API to support  multi-touch interaction in win 7 touch based devices like microsoft surface or other  windows 7 based touch devices.

I am wondering what will be a good place to start with.. do i need to rewrite all the layout generation code to support mufti-touch interaction [selecting multiple nodes or area in a layout using hand gesture]

Any suggestion to start with will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time.

~Md. Zabedul Akbar

Graduate student, University of Calgary.

Jul 27, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Hi

I'm also working on improving graph layout with multi-touch capabilities, I do not now exactly which place to start with, but just you tı have an idea,

I just added graph sharp as a referance to my project and I added TouchUp TouchDown TouchMove etc to my xaml file and write the methods for my project.

I do not know will it help to you but just to mention you.

Good luck

Jul 27, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply. I need multi-touch interaction support for some of the layout in graph-sharp and wondering writing an API [or having one] for that will be really great. 

As we have some common interest, if you agree we can work together on extending multi-touch support for graph sharp.

If you let me know your progress so far we can create a project in codeplex and start from there.

You can also contact me via skype (zabed.akbar) or gmail (zabed.akbar).

Have a nice day.

~Zabed