This project is read-only.

how to reduce drag drop sensitivity

Jul 14, 2010 at 8:29 AM
when i drag any vertex (node) on top or at left side.. it drags very rapidly towards the direction which is bit annoying but when i drag towards right or bottom side it drags the vertex reasoably... is there any way to fix this issue.
Jul 14, 2010 at 8:53 AM

This is because of the zooming control. Remove it or wait for me to post an example somewhat this week.

Jul 14, 2010 at 9:13 AM
Edited Jul 16, 2010 at 11:44 AM

I am having overlap issue when graph vertexes drawn in left to right order. 

Jul 14, 2010 at 9:16 AM
Increase the overlap properties. See the sample.
Jul 14, 2010 at 11:26 AM
Edited Jul 16, 2010 at 1:38 PM

i have increased horizontal overlap properties ... but in-vein. Can you please post solution or fix solution in coming release of graphsharp. 

Thanks,

Jul 15, 2010 at 6:50 AM
Edited Jul 16, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Thanks promontis I hope to see solution proper solution for drag/drop sensitivity and overlapping.  

Thanks again. 

Sep 25, 2010 at 11:25 PM

I'm having the same problem.  Do you have a solution for it?  I tried to understandhow the Arrangeoverride and MeasureOverride in GraphCanvas.cs work to fix the problem.  However, I couldn't figure how the code work.  What does the Translation vecter do?  Please help.

Thanks.

Feb 2, 2011 at 7:29 PM

I second that, please do anybody know how to reduce the sensitivity with the zoom control enable ?

Feb 2, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Something new about this topic?

Thanks

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Any help with this issues still will be appreciated :) Struggling with it for a couple of days already...
Jun 5, 2013 at 9:33 AM
I'm not sure if this is the problem you mean but I've made some progress on the dragged vertex bouncing around when you drag it top or left, by setting the AnimationLenght property of the zoomControl to 0. Of course that means that zooming is not very smooth but I fixed that by setting the AnimationLenght to 0 when a vertex is clicked and back to half a second when the mouse is released. Hope that helps somewhat.

Also, this is unrelated, but you can set the MaxZoomDelta of the zoomControl so it won't zoom out a lot more than it zooms in (I set it to 2).
Jun 5, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Thanks, i haven't checked an animation yet but i'll give it a look. The main problem is very fast area scrolling to the left and top sides when dragging vertex. Idealy i want to achieve smooth resizing (same speed as moving to other sides) while dragging vertex to the specified sides.
Jun 18, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Still struggling with that issue. Very annoying... If anyone have some ideas please advice.

I'v got the same behaviour using Xceed Zoombox... sigh
Jun 25, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Edited Jun 25, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Finally got some results. Unfortunately with an old ZoomControl :) So anyone in Graph# may find this interesting.
Check last paragraph here: https://graphx.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Odd%20vertex%20drag%20behaviour%20%28left%20%2f%20top%20sides%29

You can check GraphX source code, file GraphAreaBase.cs to see UseNativeObjectArrange prop implementation. It changes how arranging works and the methods that are modified are similar to GraphCanvas.cs ones in Graph#.

Still this method have some impact on usability. At least ZoomControl.ZoomToFill() method now is unaccurate because new arranging uses direct coordinates instead of translation and vertices might don't fit into the container area.
Feb 20, 2015 at 5:11 PM
Hi

can you pls tell me step by step what i have to do?

panthernet stated some solution, but i have no idea to apply that solution :/

is there any other solution to that problem?

i even got that bouncing when i remove the zommcontrol :(

greetings
XDskynet
Feb 20, 2015 at 5:26 PM
Hi! There was much changes in how the engine handles vertices placement. Can't tell you right now how to completely fix it in GraphSharp, but i've fixed it in GraphX quiet long time ago.

The fix described in my prev post is for VERY OLD GraphX version which is available here:
https://github.com/panthernet/GraphX--old-version-v1-/blob/master/GraphX/Controls/GraphAreaBase.cs

You can look how UseNativeObjectArrange property affects the controls and try to implement it similary in GraphSharp.
Feb 21, 2015 at 3:30 PM
hi

thank you very much

so if i take the 2.1.7 release of graphX, i dont have to fix this problem anymore?

greetings
XDskynet
Feb 21, 2015 at 4:55 PM
Yes, you can download showcase app and check what you need: https://github.com/panthernet/GraphX/releases
Check the bottom of the page.