This project is read-only.

Hierarchical Graph / Layout

Aug 3, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Hi. First let me say - fantastic library!

I am trying to create a graph with both hierarchical relatioships (edges) and associative/casual relationships (edges). I don't see a way very easily to do this in the IBidrectionalGraph, although I noticed a HierarchicalGraph. HierarchicalGraph seems to support both Hierarchical and General edges (perfect!). Except that I am unable to get anything to display whne rendering the graph using <GraphLayout>.

Has anyone used or done something like this before? And are there any samples available?

Sep 30, 2009 at 9:49 AM

I need to do the exact same thing.  I'm just trying out various things for now to familiarize myself with the codebase.

(I haven't worked with WPF or QuickGraph before.)

Please post any progress you make, if you haven't finished yet.  Perhaps we can coordinate.

Oct 6, 2009 at 1:55 AM

Do you see any binding errors when running in debug mode (they appear in the output window)?

Most likely, you need to derive your own GraphLayout class that provides the specific types of your elements (Vertex and Edge view model classes).  See MyGraphLayout in the sample project.  If you are still having trouble, show us the binding error messages you are seeing (if any) and we'll try to help.