Curved Edges

Feb 15, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Hi,

Is it possible to generate a graph with curved edges?

What I'm thinking about is something like; http://ashitani.jp/gv/#

Apr 12, 2011 at 7:01 PM

This would be very helpful. I saw in a Sugiyama layout Graph# draws elbowed edges (not straight from source to destination). It should be very simple to take middles of all straight lines and draw a B-Spline curve.

Oct 25, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Hi guys,

I try to do the same and found that there is nothing done about that issue yet. The class "StandardEdgeRoutingAlgorithmFactory" is just a dummy and does nothing as creating null's. The RoutedEdges method then should do the work in algorithm.Compute() but this only leads to the interface of it. My question is, is there any information available how to implement a routing algorithm correctly.

Oct 25, 2012 at 1:07 PM

hi, i'd like to bump this, i tried replacing the edgecontrol contentpresenter with a custom one that can draw bezier curves from a custom generated point list, but the problem is that it's only generated once, and i can't figure out to which layoutupdate/edge change events i can listen to force a redraw

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Thanks for the reply,

Thank you for working on this problem, but I do not need this any more feel free to do as you please.

To: [email removed]
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 06:08:06 -0700
Subject: Re: Curved Edges [graphsharp:246188]

hi, i'd like to bump this, i tried replacing the edgecontrol contentpresenter with a custom one that can draw bezier curves from a custom generated point list, but the problem is that it's only generated once, and i can't figure out to which layoutupdate/edge change events i can listen to force a redraw
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (graphsharp@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email graphsharp@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Oct 25, 2012 at 10:52 PM

could you tell me what kind of solution you came up with?

Nov 13, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Hi Cppanda

I never found a solution to this. The project I was working on simply didn't need this in the end.

To: [email removed]
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 15:52:53 -0700
Subject: Re: Curved Edges [graphsharp:246188]

could you tell me what kind of solution you came up with?
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (graphsharp@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email graphsharp@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Nov 14, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Yes, curved edges will definitely be very desirable. I'm willing to help implement this if someone can guide me in the right direction.

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:04 PM
I also need curved edges for my project. I posted in another thread being told that I should implement my own edgerouting algorithm. However, I have no idea how to implement it following the design of Graph#........
Any help on how the empty interface like edgeroutingfactory plays the magical trick here? Guidance please.... :(
Reading the code figuring out everything on my own is like a torture...
Apr 15, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Hello everyone,

I would also need curved edges for my project, cause I m developing a Finite State Machine graph and needs to have curved edges. Please if anyone finds a solution let us know.
Jun 5, 2013 at 7:49 AM
I've done some work on edges curving in my library. If you are interested you can check it at http://graphx.codeplex.com
Though it works right now it is not yet polished and i'll be glad if someone can make an ER curving algo using external interface provided as i have no time to work in all directions at the same time :)