saving graph layout?

Dec 13, 2010 at 11:06 AM
Edited Dec 13, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Greetings, how can i save graph layout to a file programmaticaly?

Developer
Dec 13, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Hi Jesse, thank  for your interest in Graph#.

Currently you cannot save the layout position of the Graph with Graph#.

If you need private help, please send ma a PM.

badang

Apr 6, 2011 at 10:09 AM

hi,

If noone's done anything like this already - I was thinking of knocking up a subclass of ILayoutAlgorithm to restore nodes to a given position (getting the positions is relatively easy if not a little more clunky that it perhaps needs to be - but I am likley to be missing something somwhere). So something like ExplicitLayoutAlgorithm to allow the client application so say where the nodes should go. Does this sound like a sensible plan?

d

Apr 6, 2011 at 4:50 PM

very needed feature! and
drderekmarriott, sounds like a good plan! good luck and keep us in touch!))

Developer
Apr 19, 2011 at 8:38 PM
drderekmarriott wrote:

hi,

If noone's done anything like this already - I was thinking of knocking up a subclass of ILayoutAlgorithm to restore nodes to a given position (getting the positions is relatively easy if not a little more clunky that it perhaps needs to be - but I am likley to be missing something somwhere). So something like ExplicitLayoutAlgorithm to allow the client application so say where the nodes should go. Does this sound like a sensible plan?

d

Have you been able to successfully do this?  I'd like to know.  The sample appears to save graphs, but I don't know if it saves the positions of the nodes.

Apr 20, 2011 at 10:12 AM

hi all, I've got something working but its not entirely ideal yet. Problem being the LayoutAlgorithmBase class isn't really set up to allow for a decorator type pattern or a strategy type pattern so its a touch awkward to inject a custom class override things. The LayoutFactory class doesn't help much either. I'll be needing a good chat with someone before my code can get anything like checked in.

Coordinator
Apr 20, 2011 at 2:37 PM

Create a fork, and commit your code, i will check it.